DeuS is a regional Vocational Educational Training (VET) project that aims to co-create a european-wide learning and training approach in design, critical thinking and entrepreneurship to find participatory, creative and cost-effective solutions to local challenges, by unlocking the potential of the cultural and creative sector.
DeuS is shaped around the Open Design School, the pillar project of Matera 2019, European Capital of Culture. The Open Design School is a design laboratory using a peer-to-peer approach, where professionals of any discipline work together sharing knowledge and expertise and testing the design solutions with the local community
The project will:
• Identity and develop a learning and training approach (in accordance with ECVET and inspired by the EntreComp Framework) that is employability-driven and builds on pedagogies that draw on a work-based approach, along with a training and learning scheme that is expected to be open, inclusive and non-hierarchical
• Develop a co-creation process involving local/regional CCI communities, policy makers and citizens in order to identify local challenges and generate solutions adoptable at EU level
• Establish innovation hubs (Living Labs) that support SMEs, professionals and VET learners to conduct research and develop innovative products and services
• Design a Knowledge Creative Platform specific to the CCI sector that becomes a point of reference for VET learners and trainers and all sectoral professionals
• Develop a financial model to promote sustainability that combines public and private funding and income-generating activities
Latest news from the project
Read about the latest news, insights and events from us and across our connected partners.